HOW MUCH DO SITES COST?
If you book your site before 1 January an early-bird discount applies as follows:
Site measurement is: (Length is along the street; depth is across the street)
- Single Site (4m long by 3m deep) NZ$130
- One and Half Site (6m long by 3m deep) NZ$195
- Double Site (8m long by 3m deep OR 4m long by 6m deep) NZ$260
- Large Site (8m long by 6m deep - 4 sites altogether) NZ$520
Note: Triple and Quadruple sites are also available
If you book your site after 31 December, the single site price increases to $150 and larger sites increase proportionally.
HOW DO I PAY?
- By Credit Card - When your application is accepted you will receive an email with a link to our payment system. Sites will only be allocated after payment is received.
- Or, online / direct credit banking to: BNZ 02-0544-0029143-002 (please Include your name and/or business name as a reference)
- Please note, we will no longer be accepting cheques as payment.
TERMS & CONDITIONS - Where do I find them?
COVID-19 TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Petone Fair will not operate if the Wellington Region is at Covid Alert Level 2, 3 or 4.
- Download a copy of the COVID-19 Terms & Conditions here
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
1. Stall holders complete the application form - a link is/will be available on the home page when applications open;
2. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application;
3. When your application has been processed you will receive an invoice;
4. Receipt of payment will be acknowledged;
5. Sites will be allocated and you will be notified of the detail;
6. Stall holders will have access to their sites on Fair day
WHERE DO I PARK WHEN SETTING UP AND PACKING DOWN?
- Please follow the directions of block marshalls. Generally-speaking, it would be very helpful to temporarily park on the pavement to allow other stall-holders access and egress to and from their sites. It is important that you unload and immediately move your vehicle - Block marshalls will be able to direct you to the most convenient parking areas.
I'M SELLING FOOD - WHAT REGULATIONS DO I HAVE TO MEET?
- The Hutt City Council requires food sellers to have a licence or temporary permit. Hutt City Council requirements can be read on their website here.
- The Hutt City Council Application to operate a temporary food stall or mobile shop can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Food Handling and Food Safety Guides, Food Safety Tips and information about Fundraising and the Food Act are available on the Ministry of Primary Industries website - click here to visit.
I AM A RESTAURANT/CAFE WANTING TO RUN A FOOD STALL
Restaurants / Cafes wanting to set up a food stall on the pavement in front of their shop and who are registered food premises with Hutt City Council do not need to complete a food stall application.
The pavement area in front of your shop is yours to promote your business - Petone Rotary will not charge you for the use of this space but we do ask that you DO NOT allow groups other than your business to use it.
IS THERE ACCESS TO WATER FOR MY STALL?
- Water is not provided to stalls. Drinking water is available from the Fountain on Buick Street.
I WILL BE RUNNING A GENERATOR - ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS?
- Generators must not exceed 60dB. Noisy Generators will be shut down. You must be considerate to other stall holders about noise and exhaust fumes.
- Work Safe may carry out an audit on the day. You must comply with Health & Safety requirements especially in regard to the Electricity Act
I WILL BE USING GAS FOR COOKING ETC.
- All gas equipment used such as appliances, gas bottles, regulators, hoses, connectors, cooking rings, bbq’s etc must be tested and verified in accordance with NZS 5256:2014 –a certificate of verification must be available for inspection by the organisers.
- Lunch box cookers or canister cookers are not suitable for use and are not to be used.
ARE THERE ANY POWERED SITES?
- In the food area we will provide a generator to plug in to. The cost will be $50 and where retailers supply power there will also be a $50 cost. We will collect the power fee on Fair Day.
PLEASE DO NOT approach retailers with Power requests directly. Only the organisers can make a request of any Jackson Street retailer. Power supply to sites is only at the courtesy of Jackson Street retailers and there is no obligation on the retailers to provide power to stallholders. You will be advised if power can be arranged for you or not.
Every connection to power must be through a approved RCD device.
All electrical equipment used such as appliances, leads, plugs, multi power boxes etc must be tested and show current Portable Appliance Test (PAT) tags and must meet OSH standards The in-service Safety Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment known as Test and Tag is from the standard AS/NZS 3760:2010.
IS THERE ANY SHELTER? ARE THE STALLS COVERED?
- No - you will need to bring your own shelter such as a gazebo, umbrella or similar. Stalls are set up back-to-back along the centre of the (tar-sealed) road.
- NB: Don't forgot to bring PLENTY of anchor weights for your gazebo or umbrella.
WILL THE FAIR CANCEL DUE TO BAD WEATHER?
- The Fair will go ahead rain or shine.
- There is no Rain-Check day.
- If, by the organiser's assessment, the conditions are considered to be too dangerous (eg. very high winds) to operate, the Fair may be cancelled.
WHAT IS YOUR POLICY FOR REFUNDS IF THE FAIR CANCELS?
- The Fair will go ahead rain or shine. There is no Rain-Check day nor refunds because of bad weather.
- Refunds will only apply if the cancellation is COVID-19 related. Please refer to the COVID-19 terms & conditions for more detail here.
CAN I TURN UP ON THE DAY AND GET A SITE?
- No - we operate on a "book in advance-first-come-first-served" basis and do not reserve sites without payment.
I HAVE A STALL - WHAT TIME AM I ALLOWED ACCESS TO SET UP?
- Stall holders will receive access instructions 1 or 2 weeks prior to the Fair. Depending on your stall location we will ask you to arrive at specific times and from specific entry points - this ensures an efficient setup and unhindered access / egress to and from sites.
WHAT TIME IS JACKSON STREET CLOSED TO TRAFFIC?
- The street is closed from 7.00am to 6.00pm to public traffic.
WHEN DO I HAVE TO VACATE THE SITE AT END OF DAY?
- The Fair finishes at 4pm and you must be packed and off Jackson Street by 5pm to allow street cleaning to be done. Failure to do so may preclude you from next year's Fair.
ARE MEDICAL FACILITIES AVAILABLE?
- First Aid facilities (Paramedics) will be positioned on the junction of Jackson Street and Britannia Street.
WHERE ARE PUBLIC CONVENIENCES LOCATED?
- Public Toilets are located on the Cnr of Jackson and Fitzherbert Streets, behind the Clock Tower (through the Doreen Doolan Mall) and on the Cnr of Buick and Jackson Streets.
- Temporary (Portaloos) will be located in Britannia and Tory Streets.
- There are numerous Cafes, Restaurants and Bars in Jackson Street all of which have conveniences available for THEIR patron's use ONLY. Please respect this.
For specific location detail visit the Fair Maps section.